Sunday, July 25, 2010

Inspired.

I am thankful for my handful of friend readers who missed me while on vaca. As far as the deets (just for J&E), the best part was laughing so hard with my mom in our private pool that we peed ourselves. Notice, I said 'private', before you say ewwwww. Also notice that bodily functions were the best part of the week. I have decided that it is a psychological response that causes my mom and I to giggle to the point of dual urination. How embarrassing! Feel free to comment here if you are under a hundred years of age and this happens to you.

I don't mean to sound spoiled. It was a good week. We tried an off-the-beach location for the first year in like twenty. I love the beach. I love watching the swell of the waves and all the other mysteries of the ocean while I sip my necessary morning java. If you know me, you know I live for coffee, Jesus, and my family. I consider the ocean and coffee two of God's most glorious creations. I also love sipping my evening glass of vino while watching the waves. We could NOT see the ocean from our home away from home. We could NOT feel/hear its calming presence that has worked its magic for eons.

It was an exhausting week for me. We packed up for our short walk to the beach after everyone got moving in the a.m. We stayed until we had heat stroke, or something akin. We spent the afternoon in the pool. It was a beautiful pool. It was so tiring because the kids believe every day should have a marathon agenda, and the temps averaged in the high 90s. My MS decided to work overtime and my fingers lost sensation for the most part. Heat is not the MS'ers friend.

So, I write from my home close to very very tired, and perhaps, on a bit of togetherness overload. I love my children, but is it back to school time yet?

I just had the most vivid daydream after struggling downstairs from a particularly rough tuck-in. E has been pecking her bro verbally all night. Little bro just freaked cause I accidentally scratched his cheek with my newly grown-out pool nail. G is freakin' cause she thinks she spied a worm in the hamster's cage. My hubby has work stress out the wazoo. Have you ever been treading water in the deep end of the pool when a less adept swimmer began hanging on you, looking to you to keep them afloat? Tonight, I feel like that is my life. Some times, being everyone's center of the universe doesn't feel flattering, it just feels like you're drowning.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! I understand exactly what you are saying....I have treading water for so many years that I have lost count. God has another plan for me besides drowning...whatever it is I have become a very good treader! I feel the same way about being everyones center, but it could be worst... to be Nobodies center!
    I Love You!

    ReplyDelete