Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'd Forget my Head if it wasn't attached...

You know it's been a long time since you blogged when you can't remember the name of the blog YOU created! I was reminded TO blog by my sweet friend (literally, I mean, she's a baker;) who created her own blog yesterday. Any time I have been spending on the web has been developing my new small business...check me at www.mythirtyone.com/dkelly. I won't bore you with the details, but I have been wearing my poor mid-aged brain out learning new stuff to be a success!

It is exciting to turn a new page in my life. Some times we feel like Moses wandering the desert, hoping for encounters with the Big Guy via a burning bush, where the answers are clear. Most often, for me, answers come in the form of dreams delayed or detoured. I thought for a brief time about nursing school last spring and summer. Everywhere I turned, I met obstacles. So, I quiz myself, "Am I banging my head against the wall because I am being challenged? Or am I banging my head against the wall because it is the wrong thing for me??" Eventually, logic won out. My hubby said, "Really, Sweetie, I just don't see it." And, financially, it would be difficult for my family since it was looking like three years until I had an income.

I've never seen a supernaturally flaming bush. When I decided to join Thirty-One, I knew it was love at first sight! It felt right in my gut, and my kids would not be compromised by my work schedule. I often know a decision is wrong because I just feel unsettled. When a decision is right for me, I feel peace, not anxiety.

I firmly believe in working your passion. As I always say, "Life's Too Short!" Some times, we have to get a job to put food on the table. I am thankful there is never a shortage of food at the Kelly house...check the waistlines...But, if you can spend your days earning a living doing something you enjoy, go for it! Then, to write me and share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment